The recently concluded IFA Global Press Conference in picturesque Andalusia, Spain was a truly global event with representations from 55 countries and a presence of more than 300 journalists from around the world. Home+Living was privileged to be one of the media representatives from Singapore. The event which has taken center stage in launching and showcasing innovative home products for consumers for the past 12 years included over 500 minutes of power packed industry presentations spread over a span of 4 days.
Key Takeaways from the IFA Global Press Conference 2019 were:
- Focus on connectivity, artificial intelligence, voice control & 5G as the big trends for innovation in consumer electronics and home appliances for year 2019. All IFA events from the Press Conference in Andalusia to IFA Berlin in September, the CE Week in June in New York and CE China in Guangzhou in September would showcase the same.
- Announcement of Japan as the first official Global Innovation Partner by IFA Next, the innovation hub at IFA Berlin.
- Announcement of Sennheiser as IFA’s first Global Audio Partner. Sennheiser has been exhibiting at IFA for the past 69 years. And in its new role as global audio partner, the company will support key IFA events with its extensive range of professional audio gear and render technical support to attending media.
- Announcement of the first two keynote speakers at IFA Berlin 2019: Richard Yu, the Chief Executive Officer of Huawei, and Christiano Amon, the President of Qualcomm. Richard Yu’s keynote address at the IFA on Friday, 6 September 2019 is expected to share Huawei’s exploration and commitment to AI, 5G, IoT and new smart devices as part of a powerful and intelligent user experience.
- Industry Power Briefings from CEO’s and Marketing Heads of path-breaking home living companies such as Philips, TCL, Metz Consumer Electronics, Haier, Safera and Hisense Gorenje.
- Product Showcases including those from Haier/ Candy/ Hoover, Metz Consumer Electronics, Plugsurfing, Hisenje Gorenje and Safera.
Some exciting Product Showcases were:
Metz – Metz, a German manufacturer of premium televisions, presented Metz-blue to the global market at the IFA 2019 Global Press Conference, a powerful combination of 80 years of traditional experience of Metz and SKYWORTH, a global name in the business of television. Read more at https://www.metzblue.com/en-INT/
Sennheiser – The latest product developed under Sennheiser’s AMBEO trademark for 3D immersive audio is the Soundbar, which is said to offer an out-of-the-world sonic experience with deep base and immersive 5.1.4 sound. Read more at https://en-us.sennheiser.com/
Safera – The CEO of Safera, Erkka Suvikumpu presented Safera Sense, the first complete smart cooking sensor at the IFA 2019 Global Press Conference. Safera Sense is a revolutionary way of making cooking smarter and safer by setting up automatic timers, preventing cooking fires and monitoring air quality in your kitchen. Read more at https://www.safera.com/
Messe Berlin CEO, Dr. Christian Göke summed up the essence of the IFA Press Conference when he said that “co-innovation” was at the heart of the IFA experience and the reason for its resounding international success year after year.
If this success is any indicator of things to come, the upcoming IFA event in Berlin in September promises to showcase the very best in home living brought forth by manufacturers, retailers, media and consumers on a global platform. Read more at https://gpc.ifa-berlin.com/